– Evaluates application requirements and design documents, and working closely with Product Management, Systems Engineers and architects to contribute to the Testing strategy for projects.
– Creates Tests and Test plans for the projects he/she has been assigned to as well to manage and coordinate the test related work with the local and global teams.
– Doing the job guided by the Quality assurance and Test plans, taking in account the Project master plan, marking advances and delays, and informing for all sort of issues.
– Creates and updates all sort of documentation related with the testing functions as well with the quality assurance.
– Suggests improvements to the processes, for better quality to be achieved.
– Examines the procedures, the working processes, and update them, when and if needed.
– To guide and support the fellow colleagues in their daily work, as well to share experience.
– Contributes to creation of training programs, plans and materials related with the processes and the products under test.
– Supports new comers, with providing orientation and introducing them to the company.
– Supports the initiation of projects, the collection of requirements and specifications.
– To participate in recruitment activities.
– Creates and maintains test data and regression test suites, including automation as a matter of course.
– Proficiency in developing, maintaining, reviewing and enhancing comprehensive test plan and test cases to cover functional and non-functional tests and automation.
– Reports, researches, and validates and tracks complex defects with consistent high quality.
– Proactive in issue and risk escalation, through effective collaboration and influence.
– Communicating testing status on a timely manner to QA manager and stakeholders as appropriate to ensure progress is known and team credibility is high.
– Researches tools and technologies that will allow increasing test coverage and minimize testing cost.
– Provides test estimates and schedule (including team needs), proactively discussing and agreeing those matters with team and stakeholders.
– Proactively contributes in retrospectives and defect escape analysis.
– Collects the queries related to the requirements and get them resolved by the business person (e.g. the client, business analyst, product manager or project manager etc.) assigned to the project.
– Plans, organizes and leads the testing kick-off meeting.
– Scopes the required tests.
– Design the required test strategy in line with the scope and organization standards of the employer.
– Creates the software test plan, get it reviewed and approved/ signed-off by the relevant stakeholders.
– Evaluates and identifies the required test automation and test management tools.
– Creates the test schedule (tasks, dependencies and assigned team members).
– Identifies any test metrics to be gathered.
– Communicates with the client or on site/ offshore team members, as required.
– Reviews the test cases and test data generated by the QA/Testers, and get them to address the review comments.
– Tracks the new/ updated requirements in the project and modify testing artifacts accordingly.
– Determines, procures, controls, maintains and optimizes the test environment (hardware, software and network). To assure the test environment resources are released once the environment served its purpose and it is no longer needed.
– Administers the project in the test management system, or any other system in use by the Employer.
– Assigns tasks to the QA/Test engineers based on the software test plan.
– Checks the status of each assigned task daily, and resolve any issues faced by the team members with their tasks.
– Re-assigns the testing tasks, as required.
– Tracks the assigned tasks with respect to the software test plan and the project schedule.
– Reviews the test functional/automation scripts created by QA/ testers and get them to address the review comments.
– Owns and maintain the test functional/automation suite of the project.
– Schedules and executes the test functional/automation scripts on the project.
– Reviews defect reports and assign valid defects to the relevant developers, etc.
– Assigns returned defect reports and assist the concerned QA/ Testers, as required.
– Ensures the resolved defects are re-tested.
– Plans, organizes and leads team meetings and ensures action is taken based on the team discussions.
– Reviews the status reports of the QA/ Testers.
– Reviews the time logged by the QA/ Testers for various activities.
– Keeps the QA/ Testers motivated.