Security Operations Center Engineer
– Engagement in cyber engineering activities at the infrastructure, application and configuration layers to provision and maintain security toolset that is used for the prevention, detection and response to security events.
– Provide input, help prepare and update a risk-prioritized roadmap of cyber defense improvements and operational and tactical levels, developing and maintaining plans for those improvements at the direction of the the team leads.
– Conduct engineering activities that allow for the prioritized and on-going prevention and detection of attacks.
– Plan and assist in the build out of tooling that allows for the conduct threat hunting, cyber defense assurance testing, malware reverse engineering, assisting directly in malware and vulnerability research
– Understand emerging threats and assist in providing risk reduction strategies
– Clearly communicate findings in written gap analysis, planning and reporting documentation
– Support the information security team in its ability to adopt innovative solutions and technology towards delivering a data secure environment both internally and externally
– Support the development of Security Operations Center orchestration to reduce incident detection to response times.